Friday, March 29, 2013

It is a brave new freaking world and I love it!

This is my very first attempt at doing a cartoon entirely in the computer without starting off with a scanned pencil drawing.  I was kind of intimidated by the mere thought of doing something like this as it felt like doing tight rope walking with no safety net....But now that I have actually done it I find it actually lots of fun and far more flexible than applying color by hand.
Just think no more buying ink pens or pencil or even paper. 
Once upon a time I used to be a cubical moll for a large corporation and during this time we went from paper documents to totally paperless over night.  Instead of piles and piles of documents and even checks to be posted to investor accounts what we got was a scanned in copy of the document or check.  There was so much stress with the other cubical minions and it took a couple weeks be for the stress level died down.  Humans do not like change usually but lots of time after the change happens these same people wonder what the big fuss was.
Anyway, with this new capability I am now able to do these silly cartoons anywhere that I have electricity with my little lap top computer and wireless mouse.  For an old guy like me this is like stepping into a science fiction movie.  As I get more and more used to this paradigm shift in my simple little life I should even be able to pick up the speed and number projects I can do each day. 
This is so freaking cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment