Monday, July 21, 2014

Sunshine on your shoulder






















*******************************************
Nothing quite like waking up to the sounds of squealing children....

  My granddaughter came to spend a few weeks
with me, and I decided to teach her to sew. 
 After I had gone through a lengthy explanation of how to thread the machine, she stepped back, put her hands on her hips, and said in disbelief, "You mean you can do all that, but you can't operate my Game Boy?"

A sweet little boy surprised his grandmother one morning and brought her a cup of coffee. He made it himself and was so proud. He anxiously waited to hear the verdict on the quality of the coffee. The grandmother had never in her life had such a bad cup of coffee, and as she forced down the last sip she noticed three of those little green army guys in the bottom of the cup.
    She asked, "Honey, why would three little green army guys be in the bottom of my cup?"
    Her grandson replied, "You know grandma, it's like on TV, 'The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup."

  My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Granma, do you know how you and God are alike?"
    I mentally polished my halo while I asked, "No, how are we alike?"
    "You're both old," he replied.

I didn't know if my granddaughter has learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her.  I would point out something and ask her what color it was.  She would tell me and always she was correct.  But it was fun for me, so I continued.  At last she headed for the door, saying sagely, "Grandma, I think you should try to figure out some of these yourself."

No comments:

Post a Comment