Thursday, December 11, 2014

Snow's Coming





















   
Some days it is a real bear to come up with any funny ideas.  Most days I suppose you can tell it was more of a struggle than others.   Some times I get ideas from my wife and other times I will pick a subject and figure something funny about that subject.

To little dogs like Chihuahuas snow is not something they would like as they do not do well in the cold.  Faced with the thought of a little dog dealing with deep snow, snow shoes came to mind.  If I were to ever get another dog, it would have to be a Chihuahua and we would have to name him Cujo.

About 20 years ago I went looking for a book on how to write gags and was only able to find two books that actually taught a person how to write gags.  "Comedy Writing Secrets", by Melvin Helitzer was one and
the other is "How To Be Funny" by Steve Allen.  The one by Melvin Helitzer should be the comic writer's Bible.  Any time I am feeling depressed and unable to come up with a smile let alone a funny joke all I have to do is open that book to any page and the gags just start oozing out like green slime.

Time to get back to the old drawing board and stare out the window until another gem smacks me in the mug.  Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment