Friday, June 14, 2013

Stretching before din din.

While I continue in my quest to perfect my version of Tarzan as an old guy, here is the local lions to entertain you.
Yesterday I pulled up some Adventures of Old Tarzan cartoons I was doing about a year ago and have decided to go back to that style but now done in color.






The idea of Tarzan as an old guy has kind of fascinated me in a personal way.  When professional athletes get to to old to play the game, lots of them must go through a period of depression.  "They took away my manhood!"  Money is just one reason they play the game and for lots of guys who get paid to play games that young kids play for free the ability to keep telling them self that they still have "It" is I think the prime reason they keep playing on into their 40&50s.  For the rest of us, retirement is but a second chance to start anew.   Tarzan first appeared in the novel Tarzan of the Apes (magazine publication 1912, book publication 1914)....Tarzan will be 102 years old next year...I bet he is feeling a wee bit creeky about now.  In reality when I was doing my comic strip Adventures of Old Tarzan last year, I did not realize at that time it was the 100 anninversary of Tarzan of the Apes...Maybe it was not just a coincidence.....who knows. 
Anyway tomorrow back to Tarzan Spider and Spiderman's biggest fan Cheetah.

No comments:

Post a Comment